Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 8 - Heading Home

We had a very early morning - pick up at 6:30 am. I packed us before I went to bed after that  amazing dinner. I had a very short night. Packing was a little trickier going home because of all the things we bought - but we made it. The driver was waiting for us and we headed out to the airport. Arriving at the airport, we found a very long line at the United counter. Their system was down. As we watched the line get longer and longer, we understood why they wanted us at the airport three hours early. After about a forty-five minute wait the line finally started moving. We made it through and our heavy bags did too. We arrived at our gate and waited for the security team to arrive. In this airport, each gate had its own security clearance. We got through that and into a new waiting area. Finally, we began boarding our Star Alliance airplane for our trip home. Everything was pretty much on time. I watched three movies on our trip home - Tim's Vermeer, The Hotel, The Wolf of Wall Street. When we arrived, custom's went fine except for "the cheese". Toby had it in his suitcase so he had to go a different direction. He was quickly cleared and we headed out to find our PreFlight Van to take us to our car.

What a wonderful exciting trip! Thank you Fund for Teachers for giving me this amazing learning experience. I cannot wait to share my newly acquired knowledge with my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment